OneSearch is a fast way to search Scientific Library
resources and collections - a
single search box for journal articles, books, media and more. A large
central index is compiled from over 7,000 publishers and content providers.
The system is powered by
Summon from Serials Solutions.
What is in
- All the materials from the Scientific Library's catalog, such as books, videos, sound recordings, etc.
- A majority of Scientific Library's journal subscriptions
- Most of the content available in
Web of Science,
- Full-text content of the Scientific Library's
Online Book collections.
- By default,
OneSearch shows results available at the Scientific Library, but using "add results beyond your library"
will locate publications from 7,000 publishers and other resources, which the Library can then easily obtain
What is not in
- Although it does contain information from most of the Scientific Library's
Databases, there is some information that is not included in
Specialized or comprehensive research should be done in the Scientific
Online Journals, and
using the Scientific Library's
For information about which databases are best for your subject area,
consult our Electronic Resources, or contact a
- A click or two takes you to the full text of articles and online books,
or shows whether a book is available on the shelf.
- Search results include citations of many kinds of sources: books, journal articles,
newspaper articles, conference proceedings, dissertations, photos, multimedia, and more.
- Search results are sorted by relevance along with a number of
facets that may be used to refine the results, such as content type,
subject terms, publication date, language, and more.
- The sort order can also be changed to chronological or alphabetical.
- Citations in your search results can be viewed in six commonly used
citation formats (APA, AMA, MLA, Uniform, Chicago, and Harvard), exported to
EndNote, emailed, and printed.
- RSS feeds are automatically created for any search you run,
subscribe to a feed to receive notification when new search results
meet your criteria.
- All users are able to access and search the
OneSearch interface, however,
access to full-text, subscribed resources does require users be on the campus
network or use Off-Site Access.
OneSearch provides a search interface optimized for smart phones.
OneSearch includes a large amount of resources, but not everything
to which the
Scientific Library subscribes.
- Vague or short searches will return too many results; searches using
well-refined search terms or phrases in quotes will return fewer, more
Go to Top